Help the Fairfield Museum Thrive!
In 2014, Fairfield celebrated the 375th anniversary of its founding in 1639, and the Fairfield Museum was at the forefront of this exciting commemoration, offering an impressive calendar of new exhibitions, educational programs and family events for the entire community.
The Fairfield Museum is a small organization with an enormous impact, and through your generous support of the Annual Fund you help to:
- Present lectures, programs and school programs for more than 5,600 adult learners and students from 60 schools in Fairfield, Westport, Bridgeport, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Weston, Newtown and surrounding communities.
- Support our library and archive used by more than 1,000 students and researchers each year.
- More than 19,000 visitors attended our exhibitions, educational programs, and special events during the 375th celebratory year.
- 20% of the children who participate in school programs come from underserved communities in Bridgeport and Norwalk.
- More than 5,000 visitors attended the Fairfield Fun Fest on our doorstep in July 2014.
Education is central to the Fairfield Museum’s mission, and we strive to make our student, adult and family programs affordable and accessible to all.
- Your $100 gift helps pay for a classroom kit for teachers
- A $250 gift will help pay for a bus trip to the Museum for 50 students
- A $1,000 gift helps keep the Fairfield Museum open for a day
If you agree that a treasure like the Fairfield Museum is worth preserving, please make a secure, online contribution today to our ANNUAL FUND by clicking HERE >>
An easy way to double or even triple your donation is through a matching gift program from your employer. Please ask your employer and obtain a matching-gift form from your employer’s personnel office, fill it out, and return it to us with your contribution.
Gifts of Stock
Donations of appreciated securities, stocks, and bonds provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to the Fairfield Museum before they are sold. If you have held your securities for more than one year, your gift may provide a twofold tax benefit, creating a tax deduction as well as helping avoid the capital-gains tax that would have been due on their sale. Please contact Executive Director Michael Jehle for details at 203-259-1598.
Gifts from your IRA
If you are over age 70 ½ there may be tax advantages to making a donation from your IRA. Some retirement plan giving options are available only for gifts completed in this calendar year. Please call us at 203-259-1598 or ask your tax advisor for more details.