A Fairfield Museum Birthday Party
Looking for a fun, exciting, AND engaging location to host a birthday party? Look no further than the Fairfield Museum! We offer amazing birthday party experiences for your curious child! Parties are available for children ages 3 – 12 and use the Fairfield Museum’s exhibitions and historic properties as inspiration. Little ones can have a building party in the Victorian Cottage, while older kids can learn about colonial life as they travel to 1780 in the Sun Tavern, become a super spy, or experiment with art materials!
Party Themes Ages 3 – 5
The Victorian Cottage features games and creative playtime activities for children. This fun space includes a dress-up area, a building zone with blocks, interactive maps, and a pretend planting garden. Birthday parties include playtime, a hands-on project, and time for cake and gift-giving! Due to the limited capacity in the Cottage, we can only accommodate a maximum of 8 children and up to 8 adults in the Cottage. Other parents are welcome to wait in the Museum and participate in cake/gift-giving in the Education Classroom.
Cottage Activities (Choose One):
1) Busy Builders Kids enjoy a simple engineering challenge using clothespins and craft sticks. What can you build? We’ll add fun experiments to make different super-structures!
2) Little Sprouts Kids decorate a miniature clay pot with colorful shapes and sparkles. Afterwards, we’ll use soil and seeds to plant our own plants to watch and grow.
Party Themes Ages 6 – 12
Learn about life in colonial times, from what people wore to how they survived without television and cell phones! Enjoy playtime in the Revolutionary War era section of the Creating Community exhibition and an interactive tour of the 1780 Sun Tavern. Finally, kids will enjoy making their own corn husk dolls to take home!
Arrrrgh! Bring your motley crew of pirates to the Fairfield Museum for a birthday party your child will never forget! Little seafarers will hunt for “buried treasure” during a themed scavenger hunt in the galleries, and will then create their own pirate project to bring home.
Discover the intrigue, drama and our local connection with George Washington’s Culper Spy Ring. Learn the skills and build the tools necessary to become a “super spy” by studying the history of spy-making, creating and breaking codes, and hiding (or finding) cool spy gear.
Kids put together and decorate their very own spy kit briefcase to take home with all of their goodies!
Kids are invited to create their own tiny world! Kids will look at the Museum’s antique doll house and will make their own tiny space using recycled materials.
Your birthday party includes:
• Same day free admission for all party guests and parents
• Hands-on activities led by a Museum Educator, such as a Scavenger Hunt, art project, interactive tour and/or historic games
• Time for cake and gift-giving
• Exclusive use of a private room, tables and chairs for the activity and party
Cost and Logistics:
- Parties may be scheduled after school or on Saturdays from 10 am-12 pm or from 1pm -3pm.
- Members: $325; Non-Members: $350.
- Victorian Cottage Parties can welcome up to 8 children and 8 adults.
- Programs for older kids can welcome up to 12 children and up to 12 adults. Each additional child is $20.
- For an extra fee of $10 per child we can also add a fun goody bag! If you are interested, please note this in your registration form.
- Provide birthday cake, refreshments, party decorations, cups/plates, etc. and favors.
- Be present for the full duration of the party.
- Provide and arrange the setup and cleanup of all refreshments and clean up any and all decorations.
- Make sure all children are picked up prior to leaving the museum.
To make a reservation request for a birthday party, please click here.
The Victorian Cottage, Classroom, and Meeting Hall spaces are also available to rent for events. Parents must bring all supplies and must clean up the space afterwards. Please email Allison Burress at email@example.com for more information.