2022 Summer Intern in Education and Community Programs
July 11-August 26, 2022 from 8:30am-4pm
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student who is interested in learning more about how Museums work? Are you considering a career in Museum Education? If so, please apply to join us this summer. Education interns will assist staff, learn about the Museum’s collections and programs, and will gain valuable training, skills, and hands-on work experience. They will help Museum Educators with all aspects of programming, including in our renowned art and history summer camps, with our early childhood space, the Victorian Cottage, and with public programs.
The Education Interns will:
- Assist with teaching of the Fairfield Museum’s popular, art and history-themed summer camps for 7-12 year old campers. The camp themes include Spy, Graphic Novel, Textile, Archeology, Tiny Worlds, and History Camps.
- Help to prepare materials
- Create and Lead small group activities
- Learn about the Museum’s mission, collections, and library
- Learn how to give tours
- Assist with the production of evening community programs
- Minimum of one to two years of undergraduate education, preferably in early childhood development, history, museum studies, and/ or education; or similar relevant experience
- Experience teaching children in formal or informal settings
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage kids in a dynamic and energetic manner
- Ability to be a good problem solver
Please send a resume and cover letter describing why you would like to work at the Fairfield Museum. Outline your interest in Education and Community Programs as well as relevant skills and experience. Please also include one letter of recommendation. Send everything in one email, at the same time.
Applications are due May 5, 2022.
Please email your application to Charlie McMahon, Education Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org