Rent the Historic Burr Mansion for Your Next Event!
The Burr Mansion
739 Old Post Road, Fairfield, CT 06824
For dates, tours and pricing details, contact Allison Burress, Burr Mansion Manager at (203) 257-4800 or email@example.com
Whether for a summer garden wedding, an intimate reception or a business retreat, guests will love the historically renowned Burr Mansion located in the heart of Fairfield Connecticut’s historic district. One of the few venues in Fairfield County with an outdoor tent that can accommodate 200+ guests. It is a beautiful backdrop for a birthday celebration, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, school gala, or fundraising event. Large or small, the Burr is the perfect venue for any occasion. Come celebrate with us!
The Burr Homestead offers a variety of options for every celebration:
- Over four acres of beautiful gardens and reflecting pools are perfect for ceremonies or pictures
- Option to rent the mansion only or the mansion/tent combination (depending on seasonality and number of guests)
- The 60′ x 60′ tent accommodates 200+ guests (May – December)
- NEW (2019) catering kitchen is fully equipped. Your caterer will love it!
- Renovated men’s and women’s restrooms
- Furnished bridal suite on the second floor is the perfect place to get ready
- Tables and chairs are included with each rental (reach out for type and number)
View our feature in Connecticut Bride and Fairfield Magazine!
Burr Mansion History
Rebuilt around 1790 by Thaddeus and Eunice Burr following the Revolutionary War’s burning of Fairfield, the house was one of the town’s cultural and social centers. In the years leading up to the American Revolution, the Burr Mansion hosted George Washington, John Hancock, Samuel Adams, John Adams and Aaron Burr. The Burr family held this property from the 1600s until the mid-1800s.
Did you know…? John Hancock and Dorothy Quincy were married at the Burr Mansion in a graceful ceremony in 1775. Read more about it here.
Follow us to learn more!